Expansion Plan Highlights
- An estimated 500 new permanent full and part time jobs will be added, bringing the total casino workforce to approximately 1,500. (SugarHouse was named "Best Place to work" 2011.)
- More than 700 construction jobs will be created over approximately 24 months.
- Upon completion, state and local tax revenue increases as new slots and tables become operational.
- This expansion brings the total investment in Philadelphia's first and only casino to more than $500 million.
- Construction will occur entirely north of the current facility, along North Delaware Avenue.
- The overall complex will more than double from 106,000 gross square feet to approximately 250,000 gross square feet
- An attached, seven-story parking garage with direct access to the gaming floor will increase parking from 1,885 spaces to approximately 2,400 spaces.
- The public river walk will increase from 2,000 feet to approximately 2,250 total feet of landscaped waterfront access, with a bike path.
- The gaming floor will grow from 51,000 square feet to approximately 90,000 square feet, including a new high-limit room.
- The expanded floor will accommodate approximately 3,000 gaming positions.
- A dedicated poker room will be included.
- The expansion includes space for up to four new waterfront restaurant concepts, including additional outdoor dining terraces.
- Up to six external onsite locations have been identified for public private art installations.
- New construction will include reserved space for a second story-ballroom, with riverfront views, completion of which is planned for a later phase.